Men and women of all ages can develop some form of incontinence.
Some people are more at risk than others with life events,
such as pregnancy and certain health conditions can be possible triggers.
INCONTINENCE RISK FACTORS
- Being overweight
- Coffee, tea and/or alcohol
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Prostatectomy, which is the removal of all, or part, of the prostate
- Hysterectomy, which is the removal of all, or part, of the uterus and/or ovaries
- Neurological conditions, such as dementia
- Musculoskeletal conditions, such as arthritis
- Some medications