Think you might have a problem?
If you are experiencing bladder or bowel problems, The Continence Foundation of Australia
suggest asking yourself the questions below. If you answer "YES" to any of them or
are generally concerned for another reason you should seek medical advice.
- Do you sometimes feel you have not completely emptied your bladder?
- Do you have to rush to use the toilet?
- Are you frequently nervous because you think you might lose control of your bladder or bowel?
- Do you wake up twice or more during the night to go to the toilet?
- Do you sometimes leak before you get to the toilet?
- Do you sometimes leak when you lift something heavy, sneeze, cough or laugh?
- Do you sometimes leak when you exercise or play sport?
- Do you sometimes leak when you change from a seated or lying position to a standing position?
- Do you strain to empty your bowels?
- Do you sometimes soil your underwear?
- Do you plan your daily routine around where the nearest toilet is?